Airborne EW Systems Engineer
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
In the UK, Leonardo operates from 6 main sites (Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton, Southampton and Yeovil) employing around 7,000 highly skilled people, 67% of whom hold highly skilled positions. The company makes a significant contribution to the UK economy with revenues of over £2bn, around 50% of which are in export. Our products and capabilities range from manufacturing world-leading helicopters, the design and integration of radars, avionics and advanced targeting systems, the provision of secure communications and cyber security solutions through to development of cutting-edge optronics that sees us support sectors as diverse as defence, documentaries and sports.
Airborne EW Systems Engineer
Our Luton and Lincoln teams are looking for experienced Systems Engineers who have the proven ability and experience to support the development of our current and next generation Airborne EW products. Working within a multi-disciplined team, you will be given leadership responsibility for key aspects of the engineering design and delivery for one of our cutting-edge RF receiver and jamming systems. You should have experience across the engineering lifecycle and working knowledge of EW DAS systems. Your role will require you to develop excellent working relationships with our customers and end-users and therefore an element of travel within the UK and abroad is to be anticipated. You should have an undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in an engineering or related scientific discipline, with proven experience of systems-level product design or architecture development in a relevant domain. We will support your continuing professional development with both formal and informal training opportunities. We work in a modern, flexible environment that aims to accommodate your personal needs wherever possible. NOTE: You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance requirements for this role, which includes a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance requirements for this role, which includes a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
At Leonardo, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees. Our benefits include:
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Generous relocation package: We offer an excellent package to ease the move for people relocating for work.
- Award-winning pension scheme: Our multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Maternity leave: We have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave: We care to ensure that we consider every aspect of your needs. All these policies are covered as part of our Work-Life Balance Policy.
- Learning & Development: We help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
If you believe you have the knowledge and experience to enhance our team, and would value the opportunity of working in a flexible and supportive environment across a variety of exciting domains, please upload your CV and cover letter below, once submitted your application is sent directly to the Leonardo HR Team.
You can email Kay Alexander the HR Manager for this role for an informal discussion - firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Clearance requirements – please consider before applying
You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electrical Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager