International Senior Engineering Manager
As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Engineering Project Manager with to join our automation engineering team. You will project manage the technical realisation of our automation solutions overseas. Managing matrix resources and deliverables from multiple teams across engineering.
Role & Responsibilities
- Automation engineering lead on overseas projects
- Close working with internal stakeholders (e.g. Engineering Operations, Business Project Managers, Engineering Supply Chain) and external stakeholders to ensure a successful delivery of project and handover to Go-Live.
- Communication across teams and to project stakeholders ensuring expectations are managed.
- Coordination and management of locally contracted MHE and Enabling works suppliers
- Ensuring programmes stay on plan, budget and meet specification
- Identify and coordinate applicable engineering change requests
- Leadership & management of a group of Engineering Project Managers, Project Engineers and others as appropriate
- Maintain Ocado engineering standards
- Responsible for many commercial aspects of the project; including formulation of the capital budget; negotiation on costs; contractual arrangements, management of variations, working closely with procurement, finance and admin colleagues.
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges
- Take ownership of engineering problems, seeing them through to resolution
- Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
What are we after?
- A “can do” and “in this together” attitude and approach to work
- Able to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Be able to perform unsupervised on your own initiative and as part of a team, typically with geographical isolation from other engineering colleagues
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Commercially aware and consider commercial impacts on decisions and proposals
- Communication of complex technical information in a variety of forms to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Customer focussed
- Demonstrable competence in effective management and leadership of a team, experience of delivering through people
- Engineering qualification, to at least HND or Degree level
- Excellent technical competence and understanding relating to both automation and general engineering
- Experienced in international working
- Persuasive and influential, able to get results from matrix resources
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ideally MS Project
- This is an international role and as such extensive travel and time oversees is to be expected, of course you will need to be able to travel freely throughout the world.
What can Ocado offer you?
- Exposure to complex, highly automated, multi-million pound projects
- Working with new and innovative technology
- Lead the development of a new and exciting function within Ocado
- Senior Engineering lead on major international projects
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
To find out more and apply click the APPLY button
More searches like this
- Automation Manufacturing jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Electrical Manufacturing jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Maintenance & Service Manufacturing jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Director & Senior Management
- Project Engineering Manufacturing jobs in Director & Senior Management