Controls Engineer (Verification and Validation)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Verification and Validation (V&V) Engineer within the Rolls-Royce Submarines Electrical Controls & Instrumentation (EC&I) department.
As a V&V Engineer, you will be responsible for unit level, sub-system and system level integration and testing of the EC&I equipment for the next generation nuclear propulsion plant for the Dreadnought submarine programme. This role offers the chance for you to be involved in one of the most significant security programmes in the UK.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
- Generating V&V processes and tools for testing and analysis of test evidence.
- Taking ownership of verification of one or more EC&I products, and conducting testing of EC&I equipment and compiling verification evidence and reports.
- Reviewing requirements and allocation of methods.
- Developing test procedures, test scripts, and algorithm emulators.
- Operating test rigs and sensor simulators.
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience preferably in electronic, electrical, instrumentation, controls or software engineering.
- Extensive Verification and Validation experience, including Hardware in the Loop testing.
- Experienced in the creation of models using Matlab / Simulink and writing test scripts.
- A good technical understanding of high integrity electrical / electronic systems.
- Good knowledge of the product design lifecycle including design optioneering, problem solving, definition, verification and validation, justification and safety and final acceptance.
- Analytical and logical mind with numeracy and literacy skills.
- An appreciation of systems engineering principles.
- Familiarity with DOORS and DXL.
- Knowledge of Pressurised Water Reactors (PWRs).
- Experience of working within the defence, nuclear or other high integrity industries.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to full UK security clearance.