Engineer - ASIC Design and Verification
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced ASIC/FPGA engineer to join the Digital Capability group in Birmingham.
As an ASIC Design & Verification Engineer you will design, develop and verify ASICs and FPGAs for the Control Systems SCU. As part of the Digital Capability group you will play a key role within the Control Systems division of Rolls-Royce, based in Birmingham. In this role you will provide guidance and direction for unit development, technically leading its specification, definition and integration. The electronic units we develop are used for important projects, and your ability to find cutting edge solutions to complex problems will ensure the systems are safety critical and able to perform in the harshest environments.
At Rolls-Royce, we develop integrated power and propulsion solutions and innovative technologies that keep our customers one step ahead of an ever-changing world.
Whether it's engaging with our customers or sourcing, manufacturing, testing or monitoring our products once they're in operation, IT is critical to everything we do.
- The design and development of digital devices (ASIC or FPGA), to support RR electronic engine control units.
- The verification of complex products that use FPGAs and/or ASICs to DO-254.
- Develop RTL utilizing a hardware description language (e.g. VHDL, Verilog, and/or SystemVerilog) and debug the design via simulation tools.
- Participate in all phases of project, to produce detailed design documentation, verification plans and reports.
- Work effectively and efficiently with other teams to perform analysis of requirements for new projects and to support the products in service.
- Degree qualified (BEng / MSc / PhD Electronic Engineering or similar) or equivalent.
- Demonstrable ASIC and/or FPGA design experience in volume deployed products using VHDL and/or Verilog RTL. Ability to show experience of the complete ASIC/FPGA process flow, Synthesis, Layout and timing analysis.
- Experience of Actel & Xilinx tool flows to implement complete designs
- Strong experience of RTL and gate level simulation and debug using simulators such as Modelsim, Questa, Incisive or other similar tool.
- Experience making design trade-offs between functionality, quality and cost.
- Experience in scripting with languages such as TCL, Python, Shell scripts.
- Demonstrable experience in version control, such as Git, SVN.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create momentum. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.