7 days left
- Job Type
As a Survey Technician in the EN-SMM-ASG Section, you will be part of the team in charge of metrology and alignment of CERN Accelerator components.
In this role you will:
- Align all types of magnets in the CERN accelerator complex, in particular in the LHC long straight sections (LSS), write the corresponding survey reports and manage relevant documentation.
- Perform metrology measurements at all stages during assembly of accelerator components using laser trackers.
- Give feedback in order to improve and optimise related survey procedures, methods and software.
- Perform "as built" measurements of tunnels and buildings using laser scanners.
- Ensure availability and proper functioning of the instrumentation and software provided to a sub-contractor and follow-up on the work done, including the data processing.
- Determine Geodetic Network points using GPS.
- Calibrate the Electronic Distance Measurers (EDM).
Higher technical diploma in the field of survey or topographical technician diploma in the domain of survey and geodesy, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- Initial experience in the domain of high accuracy geodetic metrology.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Use of high accuracy survey instruments (theodolites, total stations, optical & digital levers).
- Laser tracker measurements: basic knowledge.
- Basic use of standard compensation software.
- Laser scanning: basic use of instruments and software.
- Use of Office software packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language (or willingness to learn it) in routine situations.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 29.04.2018.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.